Are you migrating from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA? Then one of the most important changes is that you need to convert all your suppliers, customers and employees to business partners. This gives you a great opportunity to at the same time improve data quality. You can read below which tools are suitable for this and which are not.
Customer Vendor Integration tool from SAP
SAP itself has a standard tool for migrating supplier and customer data to business partners: SAP CVI (Customer Vendor Integration). The major disadvantage of CVI is that it does nothing with data quality. You have to look at the data, assess it and archive it if necessary. This prevents duplicate business partners from being created, for example if a customer is also a supplier. CVI checks this.
But these validations do not lead to cleansed data. In practice, duplicate business partners are still created as a result of outdated or incorrect data. This immediately shows the importance of a good team, because SAP ECC, SAP S/4HANA and CVI tools require a lot of knowledge.
Advantages Winshuttle Studio and Innowera Process Runner
Two other tools are suitable for both migrating master or transactional data from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA and for improving data quality. These are Winshuttle Studio and Process Runner from Innowera. These both work integrated with Excel. These are the advantages:
- You can delegate tasks to the users in your organisation who are responsible for the data. You can easily extract data from SAP ECC and immediately display it in Excel. Then clean up or manipulate the data and load it into SAP S/4HANA with validation.
- Both tools are S/4HANA certified.
- With both tools you can easily create a business partner. It does not matter if it is a customer, supplier or financial.
- You automate the business partner concept in SAP. You load the business partners directly into SAP via a mass upload from Excel. The user does not have to navigate through various fields and tabs first.
- It is extremely fast: a complete business partner is created at the push of a button. Saving three times in between is not necessary. This allows you to create a business partner in a few seconds instead of several minutes.
- With these tools, you can also automate and optimise the processes of creating other data objects. Think for example of the article stem or journal entries
Need help with the migration from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA?
There is a lot involved in a migration from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA. Do you need help or do you want to improve your data quality? Please contact us, so that we can look together at what the best options are in your situation. We are happy to help you further.